Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation in Phoenix, AZ
The majority of breast augmentation procedures are completed using artificial implants. However, some women opt to have natural fat grafted from their own body used to create natural-looking breasts. Breast augmentation with fat transfer is a cosmetic surgery procedure that uses liposuction to harvest fat from other areas of the body where it is not needed and inject it into the breasts. This technique is ideal for women who are looking for a small to moderate increase in breast size and prefer a permanent outcome that feels and looks natural. Many women who have received this type of breast augmentation benefit from an improved feminine contour and an increased sense of self-confidence.
Phoenix, AZ plastic surgeon Dr. LaBarbera performs fat transfer breast augmentation on women whose breasts may be underdeveloped, and those whose breasts may have lost volume as a result of weight loss, pregnancy, or aging. Dr. LaBarbera has helped numerous women from Scottsdale, Gilbert, Phoenix, Mesa, and surrounding Arizona cities improve their self-esteem and quality of life. Dr. LaBarbera understands that the goals of different women are unique and works to create a highly individualized treatment plan to match the needs of each patient.
Candidates for Breast Augmentation with Fat Transfer
Fat transfer breast augmentation is a plastic surgery technique in which fat is harvested from other parts of the body through the process of liposuction and re-injected into the breasts to achieve the desired size and volume. You may be an ideal candidate for this cosmetic procedure if:
- You are in good emotional and physical health
- You intend to restore minor breast volume that was lost due to pregnancy, aging, or weight fluctuations
- You desire to correct breast asymmetry or improve the appearance of your breasts
- You have realistic expectations about the outcome of this procedure
During your initial Phoenix fat transfer breast augmentation consultation with Dr. LaBarbera, he will listen to your concerns, examine your breasts and other body areas, then let you know whether this treatment is ideal for you. If you lack enough fat in other parts of your body to perform a successful fat grafting augmentation, Dr. LaBarbera may recommend that you go with implant-based augmentation instead. The same goes for patients who desire a significant increase in size, a cleavage, or profound roundness at the top of the breasts.
Benefits of Breast Augmentation Fat Transfer
Breast augmentation fat transfer allows women to achieve their desired breast size and volume without the risks of implant augmentation such as capsular contracture, malpositioning, and rupture. This technique offers distinct benefits such as:
- Reduced body fat – This is perhaps the best and most obvious benefit of this breast enhancement technique. Since fat is borrowed from other parts of the body where it is not needed (such as the belly, thighs, buttocks, or hips), it leads to bonus toning and contouring in these areas.
- Less invasive technique – Implant-based breast augmentation entails making larger incisions in the skin (typically in the breast crease) in order to insert the artificial implants. With fat transfer breast augmentation, liposuction is used to extract fat from other parts of the body before it is processed and then injected to form the augmented breast. This means that only tiny, hardly visible incisions are involved with this technique. Furthermore, breast enlargement with fat grafting requires less recovery time than implant augmentation.
- Lower risks – This type of augmentation uses fat from the patient’s own body to form the new breasts. There is no need to use an artificial implant that would be perceived as a foreign object by the body. Fat transfer breast enhancement does not pose some of the common risks of artificial implants, including capsular contracture, wrinkling and rippling, malpositioning, bottom out, and rupture, among others.
- Natural look and feel – This procedure results in a natural-looking and feeling outcome since the patient’s own fat is used as opposed to saline or silicone breast implants. In this regard, this technique is particularly ideal for women who are looking to add a small volume to their current breast size.
- Permanent outcome – Once fat is injected into the breast, it must form a blood supply in order to survive. Only up to 75% of the fat initially inserted will survive, which means an artistic eye is needed in order to accomplish the desired outcome. Once the breast recovers and everything settles down – though – the results are permanent and will change naturally with the rest of your body.
Whatever your cosmetic goals are, Dr. LaBarbera is uniquely positioned to plan the ultimate fat transfer breast augmentation. Many women find that their breasts are more attractive, and their feminine contour more pronounced after undergoing this procedure. These physical changes often lead to an improvement in self-image and self-confidence.
How Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation is Performed
Natural breast enhancement is an outpatient procedure. Dr. LaBarbera will start by marking the donor areas where liposuction will be performed. He will then utilize a piece of specialized equipment known as a cannula to break down and extract excess fat from the donor areas, which may include the abdomen, hips, thighs, buttocks, or upper arms. The next step is to process the harvested fat in order to remove unwanted blood and impurities that could cause infection. Once this is done, Dr. LaBarbera will create tiny incisions around each breast and inject small volumes of fat cells to achieve the desired increase in size. Incisions will then be closed. The breasts are usually not dressed to avoid constriction of the freshly inserted fat. However, parts of the body where fat is harvested via liposuction will be covered in a special compression garment to facilitate proper healing. The duration of autologous fat transfer can range from between 2-4 hours depending on the amount of fat that needs to be transferred.
Recovery Time of Fat Transfer Breast Aug
It may take up to 8 weeks to recover from a fat transfer breast augmentation surgery. Following breast augmentation with fat grafting, patients are allowed to go home to continue with recovery. Make sure to have a friend or family member who can drive you home from the hospital as well as help out with basic chores. Dr. LaBarbera will prohibit you from wearing tight undergarments and bras for at least 7 weeks. Compression garments applied in the liposuctioned areas should stay in place until the surgeon says otherwise. While swelling and bruising can be expected as a natural reaction to the surgery, Dr. LaBarbera will prescribe appropriate medication to increase your comfort level. The majority of Dr. LaBarbera’s natural breast enhancement patients are able to resume regular work within a week. It may take up to 8 weeks before you are able to engage in rigorous activities.
Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation Cost
Fat transfer breast augmentation costs between $7,000 – $12,000, on average. The particular cost will be influenced by factors such as the amount of fat that needs to be transferred, surgeon’s fees, and facility fees, among others. Health insurance typically does not cover fat grafting breast surgery that is needed for cosmetic purposes. Dr. LaBarbera performs this procedure in Phoenix, Mesa, Scottsdale, and Gilbert, AZ in accredited medical facilities. He works with a board certified anesthesiologist and highly qualified support staff who deeply care about the safety and well-being of their patients.
MORE BREAST PROCEDURES
VIEW OUR BEFORE & AFTER PHOTOS
The LaBarbera clinic is a full-service plastic, reconstructive, and cosmetic surgery practice offering a broad range of procedures to enhance your natural beauty and take your confidence to the next level. We go the extra mile to make each patient comfortable and our surgical team works together to achieve results as dramatic or as subtle as you desire. Dr. LaBarbera takes great pride sharing in each patient’s vision and working diligently to help each one of them feel more attractive, confident, and vivacious than ever before. If you are wondering whether plastic surgery with Dr. LaBarbera can help reach your goals, see our before and after photos from patients who are already living with their results.
How do I prepare for this procedure?
Taking the time to adequately prepare for your surgical procedure can go a long way to ensure an optimal outcome. Dr. LaBarbera will ask you to quit smoking at least 2 weeks before the surgery. This is important because smoking can interfere with the surgery as well as impair healing. You will also be asked to stop taking certain types of medications (such as aspirin) and herbal supplements because they can increase the risk of bleeding. Last but not least, make sure to stock up with all the healthy food options and supplies you will need during the recovery stretch.
Should I be worried about scarring?
Scarring is an inevitable consequence after any surgical procedure where incisions are made into the skin. However, natural fat transfer entails very tiny incisions that are required in the treatment areas. These usually are hidden within the natural folds of the body and are not a concern after full recovery. Dr. LaBarbara utilizes advanced surgical methods that minimize the risk of scarring and other adverse effects in order to deliver a satisfactory outcome.
How much volume can be added to my breasts?
The amount of breast size increase that can be achieved depends on the amount of fat that can be harvested, as well as the amount of space available within each breast. Since some of the fat that is transferred will be re-absorbed by the body, an artistic eye is needed in order to achieve the desired outcome. During your initial consultation with Dr. LaBarbera, will use a variety of tools to give you a decent impression of what to expect from this procedure.