What is a non-surgical facelift?
This is a combination of minimally invasive non-surgical procedures that aim to give your face a rejuvenated and refreshed appearance. Unlike surgical facelifts, which require general anesthesia and large incisions, nonsurgical facelifts are usually pain-free and can be completed in less than an hour. This type of procedure is commonly used by patients who are looking to address the effects of aging on the face, including sagging skin, wrinkles, and fine lines.
Pros and cons of non-surgical facelift
|Very fast (lunch hour procedure)||Results are moderate and less dramatic|
|Patients experience very little discomfort||Results are temporary – which means treatments must be repeated in order to maintain the newfound look|
|There no need for general anesthesia, which can cause side effects such as dizziness, temporary confusion and memory loss, nausea and vomiting, bruising, soreness, sore throat, and difficulty passing urine||While these procedures are initially economical, the cost can add up over months|
|Very economical – procedures are less costly compared to a surgical facelift|
|Temporary results – thus, this procedure is a great choice if you are looking to try out a new look|
Which parts of the face do nonsurgical facelifts address
- Lips – your lips tend to get thinner as you age. Through nonsurgical facelift procedures such as hyaluronic acid injections, you can restore some of the fullness around your face without the downside of surgery. The results of this treatment can last for as long as 6 months, so you can plan about two injections each year. Hyaluronic acid fillers for lip rejuvenation may not be ideal for you if you tend to get cold sores.
- Eyes – a quick hyaluronic acid filler injection is all you need to give your tear trough area an improvement. This works by pumping the area up so that it rises slightly.
- Cheeks – a lot of people choose to have cheek augmentation using nonsurgical treatments. This procedure is a great way to plump your cheeks so as to restore fullness and minimize the appearance of hollows or creases. Injection specialists will use an injectable such as calcium hydroxylapatite to achieve the desired cosmetic outcome.
- Mouth – are small lines around your mouth giving you a hard time? You do not need to undergo cosmetic surgery to get rid of them. A cost-efficient, fast injection with PLLA will do the trick.
- Forehead – nonsurgical facials are commonly used to address wrinkles or furrows on the forehead. Plastic surgeons and injection specialists use FDA approved cosmetic fillers to achieve the desired results while ensuring patient safety. Some of the best injections for smoothing the forehead include Botox, Xeomin, and Dysport.
Non Invasive facial treatments are evolving at a very fast rate, thanks to demand in the market. Patients are more willing to undergo a cosmetic treatment that will not involve incisions or require them to hunker down for weeks in order to recover. Some of the most popular nonsurgical treatment options for facial areas include:
- Injections – also commonly referred to as dermal fillers, these are a great solution to fill in the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. Injections can also plump up your skin, giving you a youthful appearance while also reducing sagging and hollowness. Some of the most common injectables in the market include Juvederm and BOTOX. These are packed with compounds that add volume to the target areas in order to augment the lip and cheeks, as well as smooth out parts of the face.
- Ultherapy – this facial nonsurgical option makes use of ultrasound technology to tighten, lift, and tone the skin. Approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Ultherapy jump-starts the natural process of collagen production. It is a highly precise and effective solution for addressing various facial areas.
- Micro-current toning – this method is also referred to as ‘facial toning’. It makes use of mild electrical impulses to plump out wrinkles and deep lines. This promotes skin healing and triggers the production of collagen and elastin. This treatment is pain-free and provides instant results.
- Cryolift – this method delivers hyaluronic acid and carbon dioxide directly to the skin, lowering the temperature and causing surface blood to rush and wrap skin pores around the hyaluronic acid. This approach is ideal for reducing inflammation and treating dehydration. It gives the skin a noticeable glow and can be used on all skin types with zero downtime (not to forget instant results).
- Lasers – collagen-producing lasers work by penetrating the skin at a very deep level and heating the collagen. This expands it (collagen), resulting in skin tightening. Although this method may not be as effective as the others on this list, it can help improve the appearance of certain areas of the face.
Facelift without surgery makes a lot of sense especially if you are looking to make minor cosmetic adjustments to your facial appearance. If you are interested in permanent changes, you may need a surgical facelift. Schedule a consultation with a facelift plastic surgeon in order to discuss options and find the perfect procedure for your specific needs.